Rubber Duck Race Rules
Presented by The Beez Foundation of New Jersey, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity. TAX I.D. #31-18077795. Presented under New Jersey State License Number 156-4-35483, New Brunswick License Number 15-011.
1. A maximum of 5,000 ducks will be entered in the Rubber Duck Race ("the Race") and all ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and shall remain the property of the Presenter.
2. Ducks will be launched into the Delaware-Raritan Canal at Boyd Park in New Brunswick, New Jersey, at approximately 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 24, 2017. The Racecourse will be established by the Presenter. The Presenter reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the Race, or to determine a winner by random drawing, in the event of inclement weather, acts of God or other circumstances beyond the Presenter's reasonable control.
3. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to interfere or free any duck is permitted unless deemed necessary by the Presenter.
4. A number will be attached to each duck corresponding to the number on an adoption form. The person's name appearing on the adoption forms corresponding to the duck in order of finish will be awarded prizes, with the first adopted duck across the finish line being awarded the Grand Prize. All prizes must be claimed from the Presenter within thirty (30) days and are subject to vendor expiration dates. A list of prizes and winners can be obtained from the Presenter by sending a written request, and a self-addressed, stamped return envelope to: Duck Race, The Beez Foundation, 249 Homestead Road, #5-11, Hillsborough, NJ 08844.
5. Presenter reserves the right, at its sole option, to substitute prizes of comparable value. The combined retail value of all prizes awarded will be at least $1,750.00.
6. The entry portion of each Rubber Duck Race adoption paper must be completely filled out and delivered to the Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter at the address set forth in paragraph 4 above, and actually received by the Presenter by 1:00 p.m. on September 24, 2017, or purchased between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Race Day at Boyd Park, September 24, 2017, in order to be eligible to win any prize. In addition, any entries received after 11:00 a.m. on September 24, 2017, and any entries purchased between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Race Day are subject to availability of ducks, and in the event the number of these entries exceeds the available number of ducks, these entrants will not be eligible to win any prize. Except as otherwise provided for by the Presenter, no other adoption forms are eligible to win any prize. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any adoption papers to the Presenter or an authorized representative of the Presenter.
7. No purchase necessary in order to win. The Presenter does request a donation of $5 per entry to benefit the charitable purposes of the Beez Foundation of New Jersey. Because adoption forms not accompanied by a donation defeat the charitable nature of this event, they are not encouraged. However, one free adoption paper per person can be entered by presenting a written request in person to the address listed in paragraph 4 above and submitting therewith a self-addressed, stamped return envelope for mailing of the adoption paper. Requests for free adoption papers made after September 5, 2017 at 5 p.m. will not be honored. Completed adoption forms with a $5 donation per adopted duck may be submitted to the Presenter at the address listed in paragraph 4.
8. Winners will be announced and, where necessary, will also be notified by the US Postal Service and/or telephone. Winners need not be present to win. If any winner does not claim his or her prize from the Presenter within 30 (thirty) days after the Race, the prize will be forfeited. In that event, Presenter will select a winner through a random drawing of adoption papers. All prizes will be awarded.
9. Excess ducks (not adopted) will be launched into the Race. If excess ducks are launched in the Race, and the first duck to cross the finish line is an excess duck, the First Prize will be awarded to the adoptive parents of the first adopted duck to cross the finish line thereafter. The remaining smaller prizes will likewise be awarded in similar fashion to the adoptive parents of adopted ducks crossing the finish line.
10. Principals or Directors of the Sponsor(s) of the Prizes and their family household members, as well as Presenter and judges of the Race are not eligible to win any prize. Winners must prove eligibility.
11. No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of designated prizes. Any and all taxes and similar laws, including but not limited to applicable license and registration fees, are the sole responsibilities of the winners. Travel and availability restrictions may apply on some prizes.
12. By entering, participants release Presenter and its officers, directors, sponsors, and staff, and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes.
13. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likeness' without additional compensation.
14. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entrants.
15. This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
16. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Presenter, and its judgments are final.
17. The 2017 Rubber Duck Race, and its logos are the property of The Beez Foundation; and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use it without the express written consent of the Presenter.
18. A copy of these Rules and Regulations is available from the Presenter at the address listed in Paragraph 4 above.